Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Year

Today is our 1 year anniversary, though you wouldn’t know it by how we’ve spent our day. The highlights so far have included a) being able to sleep in, and b) going grocery shopping for the Asian chicken and black bean hot pot I am making tonight. But we don’t mind that it’s a low-key event because we have wonderful anniversary plans 2 weeks from now. We’re going to Paris!

Paris, the city of light, the city of love… what more could a couple ask for? Michael’s never been, and I am slightly nervous about their introduction. I doubt he’ll suffer the fate of so many ill-equipped American tourists because he’ll have a great arsenal against anglo-discrimination. He has me, and I’m about as snooty as they come, plus I speak fluent français and know the city decently well. Still, I am anxious for him to love Paris as much as I do.

I read somewhere that the first year of marriage is supposed to be the hardest, but I’m not entirely convinced of that. Other than deciding which country to live in, what our career plans were, and fretting over anything having to do with money (who doesn’t?), I’d say our first year was a breeze. Then again, perhaps that statistic has more to do with couples who don’t live together prior to getting married. In any case, I’m looking forward to another great year, filled with travel, fun and friendship.

1 comment:

Nadine Grill said...

Congrats Cait!! Can't beieve it is already a year! As for Paris, the past few times I was there the people have been fantastic and super nice!